Wednesday 28 August 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Cupid and Psyche

Week 4:Homer's Odyssey

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6:Life of the Buddha

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: The Monkey King

Week 9 Ozaki

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10:Blackfoot

Week 11: Marriage Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Beowulf

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Inferno

Week 15: Hans Christian Andersen 



Located above is my reading schedule for this class! I am really excited to get to the Celtic units. I grew up on Celtic Tales so I look forward to reading them again and/or finding new favorites! Overall I am ecstatic by all the reading options that are at our disposal for this class, it really is great!



Sandro Boticelli - La carte de l'enfer 
Source: Google Images

I chose this image because it is a portrayal of the layers of Hell from Dante's Inferno. That is one of the readings that I chose to focus on for this class. I am kind of a morbid person and personally love dark stories about the afterlife, about what may happen to us after we die and how our actions while living affect said afterlife. 



No comments:

Post a Comment