Wednesday 18 September 2019

Reading Notes Part B: The Two Brothers Part One

The Two Brothers: Part One, Donald Mackenzie, http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/egypt-two-brothers-part-one.html


"The Land and the Book" (Google Images)


The two brothers names are Anpu (the oldest) and Bata.

Anpu seems to be the "successful" one on society's standards because he has a house and a wife.
Bata lives with them and works hard.

Bata could understand what the oxen said.

Bata seems to be the only one working his butt off in this household while Anpu and his wife live it up, at least that what it reads like.

Anpu's wife made a move on Bata?! Nope, nope, nope. That is so not okay. :/

She's a snake! Anpu's wife lied to Anpu saying that Bata had spoke evil words to her and hit her.

I personally am more angry right now that the wife is a liar and because she got rejected from making a move on Bata she created this whole lie. So fun fact about me, lying is one of my biggest pet peeves as I'm sure it is for many individuals. The fact that Bata has worked so hard and views Anpu and his wife as a mother and father and then has to deal with this is just infuriating. This is only part one of this story and Anpu is currently waiting behind the door of the byre to kill Bata with a knife. Although I don't think I'll take notes over part two, I'm not sure yet, I am going to have to read on because I really hope Anpu's wife gets what she deserves.

However, I'm wondering if this story makes the wife the evil one due to societal views? I'm not sure. However, I have lots of ideas for my story that I am going to write this week. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment